Search Books and Solutions Manual

Hire My Expertise

if you need help regarding semester projects, assessment/assignment related to web development(php, html, css, javascript, ajax,) or java, c, c++, c#, asp.net, ror, scala or pythn then please hire my expertise. i am professionally software developer. working as a Android & Web Developer. i'll provide my best to fulfil task in time.If you need new website or app or require any kind of digital resource, Please feel free to get in touch without wasting any single minute. I would love to work with you. Please send your requirement. i'll come back to you in time.

For more information, feel free to contact: muhammadmustafa1@hotmail.com

Free Books and Solutions Manual Headline

Monday 23 May 2011

Thinking in Java, 3rd Edition

The original plan for the book was to add a new section covering the fundamentals of the “Java 2 Enterprise Edition” (J2EE). Many of these chapters would be created by my friends and associates who work with me on seminars and other projects, such as Andrea Provaglio, Bill Venners, Chuck Allison, Dave Bartlett, and Jeremy Meyer. When I looked at the progress of these new chapters, and the book deadline I began to get a bit nervous. Then I noticed that the size of the first 16 chapters was effectively the same as the size of the second edition of the book. And people sometimes complain this is already too big.
Readers have made many, many wonderful comments about the first two editions of this book, which has naturally been very pleasant for me. However, every now and then, someone will have complaints, and for some reason one complaint that comes up periodically is “the book is too big.” In my mind it is faint damnation indeed if “too many pages” is your only gripe. (One is reminded of the Emperor of Austria’s complaint about Mozart’s work: “Too many notes!” Not that I am in any way trying to compare myself to Mozart.) In addition, I can only assume that such a complaint comes from someone who is yet to be acquainted with the vastness of the Java language itself and has not seen the rest of the books on the subject. Despite this, one of the things I have attempted to do in this edition is trim out the portions that have become obsolete, or at least nonessential. In general, I’ve tried to go over everything, remove from the third edition what is no longer necessary, include changes, and improve everything I could. I feel comfortable removing portions because the original material remains on the Web site (www.BruceEckel.com) and the CD ROM that accompanies this book, in the form of the freely downloadable first and second editions of the book. If you want the old stuff, it’s still available, and this is a wonderful relief for an author. For example, the “Design Patterns” chapter became too big and has been moved into a book of its own: Thinking in Patterns (with Java) (also downloadable at the Web site).
I had already decided that when the next version of Java (JDK 1.5) is released from Sun, which will presumably include a major new topic called generics (inspired by C++ templates), I would have to split the book in two in order to add that new chapter. A little voice said “why wait?” So, I decided to do it for this edition, and suddenly everything made sense. I was trying to cram too much into an introductory book.
Download Thinking in Java, 3rd Edition (pdf)